Details Appertaining To Books The Changeling

Title:The Changeling
Author:Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Authors Guild Backinprint.com Edition
Pages:Pages: 228 pages
Published:June 8th 2004 by iUniverse (first published 1970)
Categories:Fiction. Fantasy. Young Adult. Childrens
Download Books Online The Changeling
The Changeling Paperback | Pages: 228 pages
Rating: 4.17 | 1366 Users | 129 Reviews

Interpretation Concering Books The Changeling

Ivy Carson belonged to the notorious Carson family, which lived in a run-down house in suburban Rosewood. But Ivy was not a typical Carson. There was something wonderful about her. Ivy explained it by saying that she was a changeling, a child of supernatural parents who had been exchanged for the real Ivy Carson at birth. This classic book was first published in 1970. It was awarded a Christopher Medal and named an outstanding book for young people by the Junior Library Guild.

Point Books During The Changeling

Original Title: The Changeling
ISBN: 0595321801 (ISBN13: 9780595321803)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1972), NSK Neustadt Prize for Children's Literature Nominee (2013)

Rating Appertaining To Books The Changeling
Ratings: 4.17 From 1366 Users | 129 Reviews

Assessment Appertaining To Books The Changeling
Loved this book as a kid. I thought it was about magic. I took all my books out of my parents' house and am re-reading them.I discovered this book is actually about class and friendships. It's well done and the ending is pitch perfect.

I am delighted that Open Road is making some of my most treasured books available as eBooks. Zilpha Keatley Snyder was my very favorite author as a child. My Mama reminds me that I forced her to read a couple of Snyder's books because I loved them so much. The Changeling is a wonderful mix of reality and fantasy. It has terrific characters and a great atmosphere. Ms Snyder at her best. Thank you, Open Road!

Zilpha Keatley Snyder was one of my favorite authors back in middle school when I started reading like crazy. In fact, The Velvet Room, is my all time favorite from that time. I was recently reminded of that fact and was considering re-reading it, but was afraid it would be a bit disappointing as an adult. As a trial, I picked another book of hers I remembered enjoying and figured if I still liked that as much, I would read Velvet Room again. Sadly, the Changeling was good but not great, at

This is a wonderful book, we were instantly drawn in to the story, the characters, the plot, the friendship, the imaginary games, all really appealed to us.Two seven year old girls meet and they are from contrasting backgrounds. Martha's family is highly respectable whereas Ivy's family have problems, mum drinks too much, brothers in jail etc. Ivy has an Aunt who sometimes looks after her when things get bad, she sounds lovely, but poor Martha, despite their outward show of respectability, her

Writing a review for this treasured volume from my childhood seems impossible. Since first making the attempt, I have spent hours staring at the blank screen in front of me, have begun in a hundred different ways - "Some books aren't books at all, but mirrors..." / "Zilpha Keatley Snyder may not know it, but she wrote this book about me..." - but have always ended with the same admission of failure, with the same deletion of whatever facile comments I had typed, whatever little bits of text I

The Book Gods sent THE CHANGELING to me at precisely the right time in life. I was a lonely little girl who loved to dream, hated sports, and cried easily. Not surprisingly, I was widely hated by my peers, and sought refuge in books. And while I loved being transported to magical places like Oz and Narnia, I was intensely aware that these books had little bearing on "real life." THE CHANGELING was different. It was about a young girl growing up in a status-conscious family. Her older brother and

My name is Martha, and my best, and only, friend Ivy says she's a changeling. She said she replaced the Carson baby when she was two years old. My parents don't like her as my friend, since I tend to get in more trouble with her. Dumping purple paint on the Girl Scout leader was an accident, but I guess stealing a horse could have been a bigger problem. I feel comfortable around Ivy and get to use more of my imagination. We invented a world in the trees called The Land of the Green Sky, and Ivy