Download Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking For Free Online

Identify Books To Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Original Title: Quiet : The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking
ISBN: 0307352145 (ISBN13: 9780307352149)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Guardian First Book Award Nominee for Longlist (2012), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Nonfiction (Shortlist) (2015), Goodreads Choice Award for Nonfiction (2012)
Download Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking  For Free Online
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking Hardcover | Pages: 333 pages
Rating: 4.06 | 294903 Users | 22348 Reviews

Present Of Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Title:Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Author:Susan Cain
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition (U.S.)
Pages:Pages: 333 pages
Published:January 24th 2012 by Crown Publishing Group/Random House, Inc.
Categories:Nonfiction. Psychology. Self Help. Science. Business. Audiobook. Personal Development

Description In Pursuance Of Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

The book that started the Quiet Revolution

At least one-third of the people we know are introverts. They are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over working in teams. It is to introverts—Rosa Parks, Chopin, Dr. Seuss, Steve Wozniak—that we owe many of the great contributions to society. 

In Quiet, Susan Cain argues that we dramatically undervalue introverts and shows how much we lose in doing so. She charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal throughout the twentieth century and explores how deeply it has come to permeate our culture. She also introduces us to successful introverts—from a witty, high-octane public speaker who recharges in solitude after his talks, to a record-breaking salesman who quietly taps into the power of questions. Passionately argued, superbly researched, and filled with indelible stories of real people, Quiet has the power to permanently change how we see introverts and, equally important, how they see themselves.

Now with Extra Libris material, including a reader’s guide and bonus content.

Rating Of Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Ratings: 4.06 From 294903 Users | 22348 Reviews

Evaluate Of Books Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Once upon a time there was a woman who dreaded the staff meeting roundtable, when each person had to share what was good or bad or on their professional plate that week or in their personal life. All five, nine, fifteen pairs of eyes would be upon her as she forced her voice to carry down the table, knocking off as few words as she could to express, Everythings great! before turning her flushed face to the colleague beside her. This same woman could take the stage before an audience in the

My kids claim that I am the biggest introvert ever. I could spend entire weekends reading without talking to a single person. I avoid social events so that I can watch sports on tv, one time even turning down the chance to hear Ron Chernow speak so I could watch Monday night football. If I am around people for a few hours, I declare myself officially done for the day. With these traits of being an introvert extraordinaire, I was giddy when the nonfiction book club decided to read Quiet by Susan

There's zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. I read this book for the same reason most people read this book: I am an introvert. I have always been an introvert, and it's a fundamental, sometimes limiting, part of who I am. I've learned to deal with it better over the years - learned to clasp my shaking hands together during presentations, force myself to breathe normally and keep my voice steady, even force myself to make the first move in social

This book spoke directly to my soul, to the core of my being.If youre on this site and reading this, you probably enjoy time alone to read, think and recharge your batteries. Its not that youre anti-social, you just prefer having meaningful conversations with one or two people rather than being stuck in a room with a loud group talking about... nothing. Susan Cains book will validate you and make you feel youre not a freak. You dont need to come out of your shell. In fact, there are more of us

ive seen this book pop up on my feed quite a bit recently and, even though i read it years ago, i cant believe i never posted a review for it! better late than never. lol. a quick google search will show that anywhere between 25-40% of the worlds population are introverts and i feel so proud to be considered part of such an outstanding group. this book didnt necessarily teach me anything i didnt already know about myself, but it was very neat to see how i can turn my introvertedness into a

This is by far is mu FAVORITE book ever. I have kept it in my shelf for more than six years and I regret not reading it sooner. I just finished it but

Quiet entered my life at a particularly low moment. Allow me to set the scene: I had been on vacation for a week and a half. We were in Colorado, visiting my husband's family, some of whom I had met before, others whom I had not. I knew I wasn't going to be entirely comfortable being around people the whole trip- I'm a huge introvert and I'm self aware enough to know that I need downtime, and quite a bit of it, to feel as if I'm functioning normally. But I didn't realize that my husband, who is

Post a Comment

0 Comments