Identify Books Conducive To My Brother Michael

Original Title: My Brother Michael
ISBN: 0380820757 (ISBN13: 9780380820757)
Edition Language: English URL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Brother_Michael
Characters: Camilla Haven
Setting: Athens(Greece)
Download My Brother Michael  Free Audio Books
My Brother Michael Paperback | Pages: 400 pages
Rating: 4 | 5039 Users | 311 Reviews

Details About Books My Brother Michael

Title:My Brother Michael
Author:Mary Stewart
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 400 pages
Published:December 4th 2001 by HarperTorch (first published 1959)
Categories:Mystery. Romance. Fiction. Romantic Suspense. Suspense. Gothic

Interpretation Supposing Books My Brother Michael

ONLY A MOMENT BEFORE

Camilla Haven is on holiday alone, and wishes for some excitement. She had been sitting quietly in a crowded Athens cafe writing to her friend Elizabeth in England, "Nothing ever happens to me..."

Then, without warning, a stranger approached, thrust a set of car keys at her and pointed to a huge black touring car parked at the curb. "The car for Delphi, mademoiselle... A matter of life and death," he whispered and disappeared.

From that moment Camilla's life suddenly begins to take off when she sets out on a mysterious car journey to Delphi in the company of a charming but quietly determined Englishman named Simon Lester. Simon told Camilla he had come to the ancient Greek ruins to "appease the shade” of his brother Michael, killed some fourteen years earlier on Parnassus. From a curious letter Michael had written, Simon believed his brother had stumbled upon something of great importance hidden in the craggy reaches of the mountainside. And then Simon and Camilla learned that they were not alone in their search...

The ride was Camilla's first mistake... or perhaps she had unintentionally invoked the gods. She finds herself in the midst of an exciting, intriguing, yet dangerous adventure. An extraordinary train of events turned on a nightmare of intrigue and terror beyond her wildest daydreams.

Rating About Books My Brother Michael
Ratings: 4 From 5039 Users | 311 Reviews

Comment On About Books My Brother Michael
I'll be honest, this may not be a five star book. But it holds a memory for me that has stayed with me for over 30 years so there is something special about it. I first read it when my sons were little, I was home alone and there was a huge thunderstorm going on. This book scared me so badly that I spent the night sitting behind a chair with a rifle on my lap...seriously. I still have a vivid memory of how I felt that night and always remembered th name of this book.So this year I found a used

Update:Better reading experience this time around, due to the fact that I had my own new Chicago Press edition and didn't have to rely on the library's old, musty, tattered copy. No hazmat suits needed, and this copy smells as a book should :DOh and yeah, the story is another hit outta the park by Stewart.Original Review:Mary Stewarts, My Brother Michael, was a singularly interesting reading experience for me, to say the least.I received the old, tattered copy from my library sporting a



Already a fan of Mary Stewart, I began reading My Brother Michael with very high expectations. What she achieved here is a type of romantic suspense that is wholly different from her other offerings. Okay, I wish there had been one cat prowling around the studio, or it would have been nice if Simon had kissed Camilla at the end. But, I really don't want to quibble about that kind of thing.(If they kissed and I missed it, then please accept my humblest apologies.) Now, what I loved. Darkness

This is another of my favorite Mary Stewart books. I love the humility and growth of the protagonist, Camilla Haven, as she transforms from one man's shadow to a courageous woman that held up the honor of British women in comparison to the hard-working, tough Greek women. And it's so Mary Stewart to symbolize the transformation, "I noticed then that the mark had gone from the third finger of my left hand. There was no sign at all of the pale circle where Phillip's ring had been."I love the

Bettie's Books

Adore Mary Stewart's romantic suspense novels and the fact that this one is set in Greece just adds to the overall enjoyment. Enough has already been said about the plot, so no point in going over the same ground.Mary Stewart to this day remains such a bankable author. You know that you will find interesting characters, a gentler romance, and an excellent mystery/suspense component. "Vintage" but it just adds to the overall charm of the novels.