Download Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1) Books Online

Describe Out Of Books Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)

Title:Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)
Author:Patricia MacLachlan
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 64 pages
Published:2001 by Houghton Mifflin (first published 1985)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens. Fiction. Classics
Download Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1) Books Online
Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1) Paperback | Pages: 64 pages
Rating: 3.77 | 71210 Users | 2600 Reviews

Explanation To Books Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)

This beloved Newbery Medal–winning book is the first of five books in Patricia MacLachlan's chapter book series about the Witting family.

Set in the late nineteenth century and told from young Anna's point of view, Sarah, Plain and Tall tells the story of how Sarah Elisabeth Wheaton comes from Maine to the prairie to answer Papa's advertisement for a wife and mother. Before Sarah arrives, Anna and her younger brother Caleb wait and wonder. Will Sarah be nice? Will she sing? Will she stay?

This children's literature classic is perfect for fans of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie books, historical fiction, and timeless stories using rich and beautiful language. Sarah, Plain and Tall gently explores themes of abandonment, loss and love.

List Books Supposing Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)

Original Title: Sarah, Plain and Tall
ISBN: 0618062416 (ISBN13: 9780618062416)
Edition Language: English
Series: Sarah, Plain and Tall #1
Literary Awards: Newbery Medal (1986), Scott O'Dell Award (1986), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1987), Charlie May Simon Children's Book Award (1988), Judy Lopez Memorial Award for Children's Literature Nominee (1986)


Rating Out Of Books Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)
Ratings: 3.77 From 71210 Users | 2600 Reviews

Criticize Out Of Books Sarah, Plain and Tall (Sarah, Plain and Tall #1)
This is my absolute favorite book. Well, OK, top 10. You know how it is with me and favorites. I have lost count of how many times I've read this little gem of a book. Every sentence is perfect and adds to the story. Each sentence has not one word or description too many. The prose is spare and perfect. The books reads like masterful storytelling instead of novel reading. I love this book!I've lost count of how many times I have read it. Until this year, I taught it every year to my fourth

I'm just a little too old to have read this book as a child, but it's one I have heard mentioned again and again. While looking for good Summer reading for my 9 y.o. daughter, this seemed to be on every "must read" list. But when we were browsing at the bookstore and I picked it up, we were both surprised at how small this book is. My Harry Potter loving daughter thought I was crazy to suggest a book she could probably read in an hour, and I admit I agreed, thinking she was too advanced a reader

This is a slight book, an hour or two's read at most, yet it's deeply moving and addresses the existential problems of life in a straightforward way. The book is as plain as Sarah, but neither the word "plain" nor Sarah's beauty or lack of it are ever defined. Does 'plain' mean not-good looking, not beautiful on the surface or does it mean unadorned, without unnecessary ornament, both in looks and her character. In the context of the book either way makes perfect sense. The story has but a small

This was lovely, almost 5 stars, just too short, we wanted more details of day to day life and felt we didn't really get to know the characters as well as we would have liked to. The story describes how a young family who are suffering the loss of the mother following childbirth a few years previously meets someone new who comes in to their lives as a potential wife/mother. The description of the the book says that the father advertises for a wife, I think describing Sarah as a mail-order wife

This is my absolute favorite book. Well, OK, top 10. You know how it is with me and favorites. I have lost count of how many times I've read this little gem of a book. Every sentence is perfect and adds to the story. Each sentence has not one word or description too many. The prose is spare and perfect. The books reads like masterful storytelling instead of novel reading. I love this book!I've lost count of how many times I have read it. Until this year, I taught it every year to my fourth

3.5 starsThis was a sweet tale about loss, love, and family.

Captures the many emotions of starting a new life while still remembering the old. A short and simple yet tender and touching story.

Post a Comment

0 Comments