Download The Story of My Life Free Books Full Version

Download The Story of My Life  Free Books Full Version
The Story of My Life Paperback | Pages: 240 pages
Rating: 4.08 | 125760 Users | 2351 Reviews

Declare Regarding Books The Story of My Life

Title:The Story of My Life
Author:Helen Keller
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 240 pages
Published:May 1st 1990 by Bantam Classics (first published 1902)
Categories:Nonfiction. Biography. Classics. Autobiography. Memoir. History

Interpretation As Books The Story of My Life

When she was 19 months old, Helen Keller (1880–1968) suffered a severe illness that left her blind and deaf. Not long after, she also became mute. Her tenacious struggle to overcome these handicaps-with the help of her inspired teacher, Anne Sullivan-is one of the great stories of human courage and dedication. In this classic autobiography, first published in 1903, Miss Keller recounts the first 22 years of her life, including the magical moment at the water pump when, recognizing the connection between the word "water" and the cold liquid flowing over her hand, she realized that objects had names. Subsequent experiences were equally noteworthy: her joy at eventually learning to speak, her friendships with Oliver Wendell Holmes, Edward Everett Hale and other notables, her education at Radcliffe (from which she graduated cum laude), and-underlying all-her extraordinary relationship with Miss Sullivan, who showed a remarkable genius for communicating with her eager and quick-to-learn pupil.

Mention Books During The Story of My Life

Original Title: The Story of My Life
ISBN: 0553213873 (ISBN13: 9780553213874)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller
Setting: Tuscumbia, Alabama(United States) Boston, Massachusetts(United States) Alabama(United States)

Rating Regarding Books The Story of My Life
Ratings: 4.08 From 125760 Users | 2351 Reviews

Appraise Regarding Books The Story of My Life


Her words are eloquent and timeless. I remember reading a kids' biography of Helen by Margaret Davidson multiple times over when I was younger (alongside a similar biography of MLK Jr) and certain parts of this brought back elements from that book that I'd completely forgotten. Most people know of Helen because of The Miracle Worker, but it's so important to remember that her story didn't end by the water pump when she was a child; that was when her world was truly reopened.

This is an amazing autobiography of a girl who conquered her weaknesses. Hellen Keller was a deaf blind girl who learned sign language and braille, and founded a college for the deaf blind in Washington DC. She overcome all odds with an amazing possative attitude which was partly imparted from her long suffering patient teacher.I recommend everyone reads this and gets inspired.Be Blessed.Diamond

Mark Twain once said that the two most fascinating people of the 19th century were Napoleon and Helen Keller. I've yet to read anything on Napoleon but I can feel the fascination with Helen.This edition was in three parts. The first is a series of installments originally written for the Ladies Home Journal in 1902. Serial installments just don't strike me really well. Or it could just be that Helen Keller does not give herself credit to the person she became. Later I realized that it's the words

"Thus it is that my friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges, and enabled me to walk serene and happy in the shadow cast by my deprivation."This captivating memoir written by Helen Keller at the age of twenty-two was such a refreshing read! It really did manage to put a smile on my face and restore my spirit at a time when it seems so much negativity envelops us. There is no doubt that Helen was a remarkable woman and

When I learned about Helen Keller, the impression I was given of her was that her life was ~so miserable~ until she was graciously granted a teacher who showed her the world and how to communicate. This book posits Helen's life as that of a blessing, one where she had moments of hardship, but she still felt guided by an excitement for life and experiencing new things rather than being revolted by them.This book was so fascinating because it painted a different picture of a historical figure I

I just wish I had half her eagerness to learn, and even a smidgeon of her abilities, resilience, joie de vivre and determination. While reading, I was constantly wondering, how can a blind and deaf person exhibit such rich vocabulary and such detailed images of the world around us? Hope nothing's wrong with me for being jealous of her...

Post a Comment

0 Comments