Free The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Books Online

Itemize Books Toward The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

Original Title: The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles, Vol. 1)
ISBN: 0451211030 (ISBN13: 9780451211033)
Edition Language: English
Series: Kent Family Chronicles #1
Characters: Philip Kent, Marie Charboneau, James Amberly, Roger Amberly, Jane Amberly, Alicia Parkhurst, Girard., Gil du Motier, Mr. Fox., Solomon Sholto, Anne Ware, Mr. Hoskins., Will Caleb
Setting: near Chavaniac, Auvergne,1770(France) Tonbridge, Kent, England,1771(United Kingdom) London, England,1772(United Kingdom) …more Boston, Massachusetts,1773(United States) …less
Free The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Books Online
The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1) Paperback | Pages: 528 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 21850 Users | 488 Reviews

Be Specific About Based On Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

Title:The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Author:John Jakes
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 528 pages
Published:January 6th 2004 by Berkley Books (first published September 1st 1974)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction

Representaion During Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)

One man’s quest for his destiny leads him to the New World and into the heart of the American Revolution.

Meet Phillipe Charboneau: the illegitimate son and unrecognized heir of the Duke of Kentland. Upon the Duke’s death, Phillipe is denied his birthright and left to build a life of his own. Seeking all that the New World promises, he leaves London for America, shedding his past and preparing for the future by changing his name to Philip Kent. He arrives at the brink of the American Revolution, which tests his allegiances in ways he never imagined. The first volume of John Jakes’s wildly successful and highly addictive Kent Family Chronicles, The Bastard is a triumph of historical fiction.

Rating Based On Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Ratings: 4.11 From 21850 Users | 488 Reviews

Write Up Based On Books The Bastard (Kent Family Chronicles #1)
Well, I figured this would be as much as it is - this falls under Historical, but it should be more of Historical Romance, which is not my fare - Sure, it is no Romance novel with "breasts heaving" kind of thing, but the "hero" is not a very heroic gentleman at all, nor is he a character that I like. No character is one that I like, and that is what made this hard to continue with.The overview of this novel, and the entire series, sounds promising and interesting, but the words that fell onto

If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would. What a great read. I had a lot of fun with this book. The book is about Phillipe Charboneau, who later changes his name to Phillip Kent. He travels from France to England, and then to America in search of himself and a place he can call home. All of the historical characters really made it exciting. They included Paul Revere, Sam Adams, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin was a riot. Im glad the story doesnt end here and Im looking forward to

John Jakes has a way of engaging you immediately with his characters while immersing you in the historical period. He adds a bit of romance to spice things up. The Bastard is the first in a series of eight novels called The Kent Family Chronicles. The author provides a family tree tracing the Kent family through all eight books, indicating which characters inhabit which books.In The Bastard, we see the mercantile class in France, royalty of England, and freedom-seeking patriots in America. The

11/85, 4 stars ****Ah, how one's tastes change over the years. I loved the North & South trilogy, have never read this lot, so thought I'd give the first a go. Unfortunately, though, I probably won't carry on with the next. Not because it was a bad book as such, but just because it did drag on a bit and it obviously just isn't my cup of tea anymore. I'm still giving it 4 stars though, because it's Mr Jakes, you know, and his historical fiction is always on the mark so he's worth it on that

After talking about Jack wanting to Read GWTW I tried to remember adult books I read when I was a child. Sadly, this is one of the first that comes to mind. I read the whole Kent Family Saga when I was 12 or so. I liked them at the time, but I hesitate to go back and reread. These were the first books I ever read where fictional characters interacted with people from history.

It's really hard for me to rate this accurately because (and I know this is bizarre) this was one of my absolute favorite books when I was in middle school. I was so big on the Bicentennial Series that it's hard for me to see it clearly.So. The prose does not hold up. The characters are kind of hilarious in their sexism. But my affection for hearing this story again is pretty unmatched, so: FOUR STARS, DAMMIT.

In the very first chapter of The Bastard, we have the main character having a Symbolic Dream about his Destiny, wondering why hes Different from Anyone Else in this poor provincial town, getting beaten up by bullies, and losing his virginity to a maidservant, who forces wine down his throat and basically rapes him in his mothers hayloft.Once I read this chapter, I had a pretty good idea of what I was in for. And I wasnt disappointed. The Bastard is fanfiction-caliber wish-fulfillment, through

Post a Comment

0 Comments