Free The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales Download Books Online

List Based On Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

Title:The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
Author:Edgar Allan Poe
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 400 pages
Published:April 1st 1998 by Signet Classics (first published September 1st 1839)
Categories:Classics. Horror. Fiction. Short Stories. Gothic. Literature. Mystery
Free The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales  Download Books Online
The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales Paperback | Pages: 400 pages
Rating: 4.16 | 66086 Users | 421 Reviews

Ilustration Concering Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

The eerie tales of Edgar Allan Poe remain among the most brilliant and influential works in American literature. Some of the celebrated tales contained in this unique volume include: the world's first two detective stories -- "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" and "The Purloined Letter"; and three stories sure to make a reader's hair stand on end -- "The Cask of Amontillado", "The Tell-Tale Heart", and "The Masque of the Red Death".
-- Includes a New Introduction by Stephen Marlowe, author of The Memoirs of Christopher Columbus and The Lighthouse at the End of the World
-- The Signet Classic Edition of "The Fall of the House of Usher" has over 250,000 copies in print!

Specify Books Conducive To The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

Original Title: The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Writings
ISBN: 0451526759 (ISBN13: 9780451526755)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Nantucket, Massachusetts(United States)


Rating Based On Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
Ratings: 4.16 From 66086 Users | 421 Reviews

Criticize Based On Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
Kind of a hit or miss collection. There were a few stories that I found really dull to read, but I really enjoyed the title story, "The Fall of the House of Usher", along with "The Black Cat", and all the classic Poe tales, "The Tell-Tale Heart", "The Masque of the Red Death", etc. Poe is a master at delving into the dark psychological recesses of the human mind.I also really liked the Dupin tales, which reminded me a lot of Sherlock Holmes-- makes sense since apparently Poe's Dupin provided the

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Before reading this book, I had a misconception that Edger Allen Poe was a horror writer. Oh, how wrong I was! Yes, Poe might be known for his stories of macabre and gothic horror. But it was his versatility that I found attractive in his writings. Without much further ado, let's see what this collection holds Macabre/Horror TRUE! nervous very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I AM MAD? Most of

A couple of short-storys in which all care a dark side to the human nature muder, madness and evil are all covered in these stories. I have a feeling of uneasy and dispare that we can be so cold and mean toward each other

The novel was my favorite piece in this collection, despite Poe's disdain for it.

This one is best read in bits and pieces. Even the best writers have a pattern and that became a bit boring. When I read Kafka, I realized how many writers had been influenced by him. I know now who Kafka was influenced by!

I find with this collection, my opinion on Poe is evolving; becoming more refined. First, this may be better named The Narrative of A. Gordon Pym and Other Tales as Poes only full-length novel closing out this compendium is the lion's share of the pages. Also, purported as a response to a Poe hoax is completes the bookends with the initial newspaper piece "Balloon-Hoax".In this realm of writing, I find there is science fiction - tales tethered to scientific facts - and science fantasy - fiction

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Before reading this book, I had a misconception that Edger Allen Poe was a horror writer. Oh, how wrong I was! Yes, Poe might be known for his stories of macabre and gothic horror. But it was his versatility that I found attractive in his writings. Without much further ado, let's see what this collection holds Macabre/Horror TRUE! nervous very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I AM MAD? Most of

Post a Comment

0 Comments