Books Online Download Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1) Free

Describe About Books Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)

Title:Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)
Author:Annie Barrows
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 120 pages
Published:May 3rd 2007 by Chronicle Books (first published 2006)
Categories:Childrens. Realistic Fiction. Fiction. Chapter Books. Juvenile. Middle Grade. Humor
Books Online Download Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1) Free
Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1) Paperback | Pages: 120 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 13524 Users | 1196 Reviews

Representaion During Books Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)

Cute friendship story about two different little girls learning to appreciate each. I would have liked it better if Bean hadn't been such an obnoxious little brat. I liked Ivy but Bean I wanted to slap. I vastly prefer a child protagonist like Ramona who gets in trouble because of misunderstandings or poor judgment (in ways that are totally natural for a kid her age) rather than being deliberately bad. I had a lot more sympathy for Nancy the older sister and the "mean" neighbor than I did for Bean. My siblings and I weren't angels by any means but we were nicer to each other and other children, politer, and better behaved in public than this spoiled little rotter. Crawling under strangers' dressing rooms at the store? Climbing fences into other people's property? Stealing money? Digging mud holes in the lawn and tricking people into falling into them? Throwing a frigging bucket of live worms over someone in the house? Any one of these would have gotten us more punishment than Bean gets for all of them together -- which I would guess is the appeal for children, the idea of doing all these mean things and basically getting rewarded in the end (since she makes a friend and gets a laughable token punishment of not watching videos for the week). And I don't find any of the exploits funny except maybe Ivy pretending to be a witch, and that's been done better in earlier books. At least they only killed some worms and not the frog they wanted to catch! I wouldn't let my kids read this book, much less play with someone like Bean.

Itemize Books In Favor Of Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)

Original Title: Ivy and Bean
ISBN: 0811849090 (ISBN13: 9780811849098)
Edition Language: English
Series: Ivy & Bean #1
Literary Awards: Flicker Tale Children's Book Award Nominee for Intermediate (2011)

Rating About Books Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)
Ratings: 3.93 From 13524 Users | 1196 Reviews

Criticism About Books Ivy and Bean (Ivy & Bean #1)
This is my first experience reading about this duo. It might not be the last. The story was cute enough, and I thought the girls' characters were done pretty well.Bean wants to play a joke on her sister, but it backfires and Bean has to hide out for a while until Nancy has cooled off. She ends up roped into a scheme with Ivy, the little girl who lives across the street (and who Bean's mother has been pestering her to go and play with), to cast a witchy spell. As the girls move through the

I had heard so much about these books from kids. Last year, my son read all that he could get his hands on. My son's friends talk about them because their teacher is reading them to the class. They all say how much they love these books, how funny they are, how much they love when the teacher reads them. We were at the book store and my son wanted me to buy him one, so I did. When his older brother said: What do you want that for? It's a girls' book. My younger son turned around and said: No,

My daughter loves this series. At first the name calling the characters do seemed inappropriate but now I see it as realistic and the kids relate to it so c'est la vie.

This is a sweet story about friendship and how it can be found in people you might not expect or welcome into your life, and that it can be forged by letting your imagination go! Ivy and Bean are two little girls who live across the street from each other, with mothers who keep encouraging them to become friends. Bean who likes to climb trees, have adventures and says reading books makes her "jumpy" thinks that Ivy must be boring because she sits on her front porch in a dress reading books every

Cute. A day in the life of mischievous and imaginative girls.My tutoring student loved this book - she's in the 4th grade reading about at the 2nd grade level. Good early chapter book - font is large, frequent pictures.

These are by far our favorite young-reader chapter books. The 8th book is our favorite--if you only read one of the series, read that one, it makes me laugh so hard I have to stop reading to catch my breath. We're always looking for another series as good as this one. Kate makes me read a chapter every night before bed, we work our way through all 9 books then start again.

My daughter loves this series. At first the name calling the characters do seemed inappropriate but now I see it as realistic and the kids relate to it so c'est la vie.

Post a Comment

0 Comments