Be Specific About Books Conducive To I, Lucifer

Original Title: I, Lucifer
ISBN: 0802140149 (ISBN13: 9780802140142)
Edition Language: English
Setting: London, England(United Kingdom)
Books Download I, Lucifer  Online Free
I, Lucifer Paperback | Pages: 272 pages
Rating: 3.63 | 8598 Users | 891 Reviews

Narration As Books I, Lucifer

The Prince of Darkness has been given one last shot at redemption, provided he can live out a reasonably blameless life on earth. Highly sceptical, naturally, the Old Dealmaker negotiates a trial period - a summer holiday in a human body, with all the delights of the flesh.

The body, however, turns out to be that of Declan Gunn, a depressed writer living in Clerkenwell, interrupted in his bath mid-suicide. Ever the opportunist, and with his main scheme bubbling in the background, Luce takes the chance to tap out a few thoughts - to straighten the biblical record, to celebrate his favourite achievements, to let us know just what it's like being him.

Neither living nor explaining turns out to be as easy as it looks. Beset by distractions, miscalculations and all the natural shocks that flesh is heir to, the Father of Lies slowly begins to learn what it's like being us.

List Of Books I, Lucifer

Title:I, Lucifer
Author:Glen Duncan
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 272 pages
Published:April 2nd 2003 by Grove Press (first published July 1st 2002)
Categories:Fiction. Fantasy. Humor. Horror. Religion. Supernatural. Paranormal

Rating Of Books I, Lucifer
Ratings: 3.63 From 8598 Users | 891 Reviews

Judgment Of Books I, Lucifer
The premise of the book is interesting, of course: the Devil, fallen angel Lucifer himself, gets a chance to live on Earth as a human for one month. And it would have been good, I believe, if the first-person narrative didn't dwindle into long rants and digressions of infinite tedium. Lucifer talks in circles and tries to play with words in a means to be clever, but just comes off as boring instead.The only relevant and cohesive parts of the book were those in which Satan tells the famous bible

Book Info: Genre: Literary FictionReading Level: AdultRecommended for: People who like to look at things from a different perspectiveTrigger Warnings: This is a story told from Lucifer's point of view, so he often thinks about things that aren't at all nice, such as possibly raping a woman, or killing people, etc. It's mostly just thoughts, but be aware of them. Attempted suicide.My Thoughts: I'm still trying to make sense of this piece. The book isn't much about anything but the journey,

It makes me sad to see so many low ratings for this book, but also I get it because it's definitely not for everyone. This is my 2nd favorite Lucifer book, the first being Mike Carey's Lucifer series, and they are probably the only two Lucifer books I've found that don't either A. paint this ~pure evil~ caricature of Lucifer or B. decide he's just some poor misunderstood precious baby. I find both of those options incredibly boring, why not just write a nuanced well-rounded character instead?

Jesus Christ, this is the worst book I've read in a long time. This portrayal of Lucifer, while attempting to be witty and acerbic, comes across as a severe case of arrogant fallacy-of-youth A.D.D. suffering rebellious adolescent, scribbling into their hastily written diary. Want a well-written and interesting portrayal of the devil? Read Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, Mike Carey's Lucifer series (based on Gaiman's Lucifer) or Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita, all of whom have

Once upon a...Time, youll be pleased to know--and since one must start somewhere--was created in creation.What was there before creation? is meaningless. Time is a property of creation. What there was was the Old Chap peering in a state of perpetual nowness up His own almighty sphincter trying to find out who the devil He was. His big problem was there was no way to distinguish Himself from the Void. If youre Everything you might as well be Nothing. So He created us, and with a whiz and a bang

I give this three stars because it took so long for me to actually enjoy it. Also, I had to try three different times to give this book a chance. The beginning is slow, the middle is funny, and the end just drags ass.

It took me several years to finish this book.No exaggeration in that. Several years.I picked it up, I started it, got about one-quarter of the way done with it and put it down again only to repeat that process two more times.Why?I am not sure.The premise was not a new one, but the telling seemed compelling.It opens with Lucifer (our protagonist?) telling you, the reader, of some of the earthly delights/things that he must have had a hand in along with various twists on his name.I hear in my head