Point Books In Pursuance Of The Loop

Original Title: The Loop
ISBN: 0552144959 (ISBN13: 9780552144957)
Characters: Helen Ross, Luke Calder, Buck Calder
Setting: United States of America Montana(United States)
Download Books Online The Loop  Free
The Loop Paperback | Pages: 511 pages
Rating: 3.91 | 10750 Users | 711 Reviews

Declare Containing Books The Loop

Title:The Loop
Author:Nicholas Evans
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 511 pages
Published:1999 (first published 1998)
Categories:Fiction. Romance. Animals. Drama

Ilustration During Books The Loop

This has been recommended to me by several friends here on GR, and while I trust their judgment...I still didn't expect to fall in love with this story as quickly as I did. Before the plot gets going, Evans introduces you to a cast of rich and varied characters that are alone worth reading the book for. I was so caught up in their lives that before I knew it I was surrounded by a plot of wolves and intrigue!

The story was so realistic, there was quite a bit of detail of how the wolves live, how the various Wildlife crew members and biologists studied them, and also weaved through the story were stories about how they had been hunted and trapped for over 100 years in Hope, the city in which the story takes place.

I recommend this very highly...it was at times gut-wrenching, beautiful, terrible and heroic. This was my first Evans, but it won't be my last!

Rating Containing Books The Loop
Ratings: 3.91 From 10750 Users | 711 Reviews

Evaluate Containing Books The Loop
'The Loop' by Nicholas Evans is a well paced book. There is a good amount of suspense and drama. Evans does a successful job of creating characters that you care about and feel for.The story centers around a field biologist named Helen Ross, who has been sent a small town named Hope in-----. She is an enthusiastic, comical, diligent, amiable but defensive and fragile person. Because of her failed relationships she suffers from a mental storm but does her best to conceal it by occupying herself.

I so despise the books with animals, because the is always something cruel that happens to them.But overall I more or less liked the book. There were some extremely cinematic moments. The characters (at least most of them) were highly likable too. My favorite of them all was probably Eleanor. That is strange even for me, but she was probably the most adequate of them all.

I love all of Evans' novels (well the fiction ones), and this one in particular became a favorite that has lasted through my evolving tastes. I need to do another re-read again....it's been a while even though I must have read this 5 times if I've read it at all. :)

After I finished Horse Whisperer, by Nicolas Evans, I read this one. Wolves are being reintroduced in areas next to cattle ranchers and the naturalists butt heads with the cattle barons. Great characters and setting.

My mother suggested this book to me at a young age. She loved Evan's other book, The Horse Whisperer, and since she knew I love wolves, she had to get me this book. It was one of the best things my mother ever gave me. I still own a copy of it and anytime I don't have a good book to read, I'll always fall back on that one. The story is very solid, the grammar, mechanics, and plot all have sound bases, but that's not why you love a story, that's just what makes you able to love it. I connected

I loved this book so much I have read it twice. I related to Helen and even to young Luke. I sympathized with him and the abuse he suffers at his dad's hands. I also felt Helen's frustrations with the ranchers and the way they treated her or talked down to her. The look at the lives of wolves in Yellowstone and the tracking process was fascinating. I plan on reading this for a third time.

Sparks seems to truly understand small town life and the work involved in ranching. This time, he does for wolves what he did for horses in "The Horse Whisperer." Okay, not really, but he writes a compelling novel with building conflict between the biologists who want to protect the wolves and the ranchers who want them eradicated in order to protect their livestock. There is a long-standing hatred between the cattlemen and the wolves and an incident brings this conflict to a near war. Remember,