Particularize About Books Silent to the Bone

Title:Silent to the Bone
Author:E.L. Konigsburg
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 272 pages
Published:May 25th 2004 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published 2000)
Categories:Young Adult. Mystery. Realistic Fiction. Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade
Books Download Silent to the Bone  Free
Silent to the Bone Paperback | Pages: 272 pages
Rating: 3.79 | 6268 Users | 544 Reviews

Description In Favor Of Books Silent to the Bone

Connor is sure his best friend, Branwell, couldn't have hurt Branwell's baby half sister, Nikki. But Nikki lies in a coma, and Branwell is in a juvenile behavioral center, suspected of a horrible crime and unable to utter the words to tell what really happened. Connor is the only one who might be able to break through Branwell's wall of silence. But how can he prove Branwell didn't commit the unspeakable act of which he's accused — when Branwell can't speak for himself?

Be Specific About Books As Silent to the Bone

Original Title: Silent to the Bone
ISBN: 0689871236 (ISBN13: 9780689871238)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Margaret Rose Kane, Connor Kane, Branwell Zamborska
Setting: Epiphany, New York(United States) New York State(United States)
Literary Awards: Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2001)

Rating About Books Silent to the Bone
Ratings: 3.79 From 6268 Users | 544 Reviews

Appraise About Books Silent to the Bone
A tween's introduction to noir... I don't remember this book in significant detail, but I remember reading it in middle school and finding it fascinating. A dark but witty mystery drama, evocative characters and an ending that stuck with me even as the rest of the book disappeared meant that this one stayed on my shelf of "worthwhile books" for years after I remembered why it was there.

An incredibly well written book, it drew me in very quickly, as I really wanted to know what had happened...but as it went on , I realized that it was probably leading where it did eventually lead...to modern immorality causing havoc in people's lives. (Hence the three stars rating - the writing deserved five stars.) I wouldn't want my tween/teen boys reading this book, it is graphic enough, and they don't need ANY additional influence of that, (although it is probably somewhat milder by today's

Quite a page turner! I read this book because it is one of the few by E.L. Konigsburg that I have never read. I found it in a book store years ago and started to read it, but never picked it up again until yesterday.I love how the author interweaves her stories. This book is connected to several of her other works, such as "The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place" and "The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World," in a very subtle, realistic way. I enjoy making those connections and see the pieces fit

Silent to the Bone has been tempting me for a few years now. It is on the school summer reading list and I try to familiarize myself with a handful of them throughout the year. I found this book to be highly engaging. After a near-death experience involving his baby sister, Branwell finds himself struck silent. Due to incriminating evidence from the au pair, Vivian, everyone is led to believe that this is due to Branwell's guilt believing that he had something to do with the incident. The only

It was a long time ago that I read this book. But from what I remember, this book dealt with abuse of children (and I think it involved sexual abuse) and that of children being accused of abuse in a graphic sense. So NOT a topic of fiction for middle grade readers ages 9 to 14!! I really enjoyed three other books of Konigsburg's before this one, so I was eager to read this one when I found it. She had a reputation of writing for middle grade readers. After this book I can't trust this author and

My eleven year old daughter was forced to read this for school. Although it provided an opportunity to explain some very mature concepts, I wouldnt read sexual content this explicit in adult books. The fact that this is a middle grade book and championed by the Ridley School District shows how close we are to Swarthmore College. 🙄

E.L. Konigsburg really comes through with this one. Beware, this isn't a book for younger readers. Branwell- a slightly odd, very precocious child- stops talking the day he calls 911. His sister Nikki is in a coma, and the au pair (the icky Vivian) explains that Bran shook and then dropped her. Bran is put in a juvenile detention center, and it's up to his best friend, Connor, to develop a code and find out what really happened that day. This book is really, really good.