List Books During Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi

Original Title: Wired
ISBN: 0571141641 (ISBN13: 9780571141647)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.worldcat.org/wcidentities/lccn-n50-111
Characters: John Belushi
Setting: United States of America
Books Download Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi  Free Online
Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi Paperback | Pages: 460 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 2080 Users | 151 Reviews

Point Of Books Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi

Title:Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi
Author:Bob Woodward
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 460 pages
Published:May 22nd 1989 by Faber & Faber (first published 1984)
Categories:Biography. Nonfiction. Biography Memoir. Culture. Film

Chronicle As Books Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi

Okay, so I knew that John Belushi did a lot of coke, but what I didn't realize was that he did, like, ALL of the coke. Sounds like just about every gram of blow that was shipped to the US in the late 70s and early 80s found its way into Belushi's system, one way or another. This guy did more nose candy than all of Weimar Germany, and they did a whole hell of a lot of coke in Weimar Germany. No one sets out to have their life story become a cautionary tale, but if this isn't, I'm not too sure what is. The book is well written and compelling, and also serves as a "who's who" of Hollywood drug use during that time period (De Niro, Robin Williams, Dan Akroyd, Ed Begley Jr., et al). Super tragic stuff.

Rating Of Books Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi
Ratings: 3.7 From 2080 Users | 151 Reviews

Assessment Of Books Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi
Frankly I was a little tired of John Belushi after finishing this book. There's lots of name-dropping here for fans of 1970s Hollywood and popular music in particular. It fascinated me that Belushi was hired to do his Joe Cocker routine at Paul McCartney's birthday party. Man, I would pay good money to see a tape of that. Bob Woodward's writing credentials are clear, but it was vastly amusing how he would over-define random things. Honestly, would anyone reading a biography on John Belushi need

this guy did a lot of cocaine

I've always been fascinated by the life of John Belushi, primarily because I look just like the man, so of course I would eventually read this book. What I found is a tragic tale of loneliness and addiction that probably could have been stopped if anyone had truly gotten to know the man, or if his close friends had done something just a bit sooner. The truly frightening thing I found as I read was exactly how much I do have in common with John. It scared me. Which, of course, is exactly what it

I've always been fascinated by the life of John Belushi, primarily because I look just like the man, so of course I would eventually read this book. What I found is a tragic tale of loneliness and addiction that probably could have been stopped if anyone had truly gotten to know the man, or if his close friends had done something just a bit sooner. The truly frightening thing I found as I read was exactly how much I do have in common with John. It scared me. Which, of course, is exactly what it

This is pretty much a blow-by-blow description of Belushi's last year, detailing practically every step he took. It's full of crazy fucked up levels of drugs and partying. It's a product of its time in that Belushi died before friends or family were taking steps to intervene on someone using drugs at this level. He had as much money as he needed to go to outer space every night, and no one really told him no - even more told him yes and provided free drugs ad libitum. Plenty of his friends said,

This was hypnotic. To even read of Belushi's talent put me in awe, and to read of his excesses made me wish I could simultaneously reach through to slap sense into him while shaking my head at the impossibility of getting him to stop using. This is a portrait of Belushi as a wildly talented performer and hugely excessive addict, and a surprising one from Bob Woodward. Some of Belushi's loved ones have a problem with this book, and given how meticulous and detailed Woodward was in his writing,

Okay, so I knew that John Belushi did a lot of coke, but what I didn't realize was that he did, like, ALL of the coke. Sounds like just about every gram of blow that was shipped to the US in the late 70s and early 80s found its way into Belushi's system, one way or another. This guy did more nose candy than all of Weimar Germany, and they did a whole hell of a lot of coke in Weimar Germany. No one sets out to have their life story become a cautionary tale, but if this isn't, I'm not too sure