Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2) Download Online Free
The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2) Hardcover | Pages: 444 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 15837 Users | 1683 Reviews

List Books In Favor Of The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

Original Title: The Lollipop Shoes
ISBN: 0061431621 (ISBN13: 9780061431623)
Edition Language: English
Series: Chocolat #2
Characters: Anouk Rocher, Vianne Rocher, Rosette, Zozie de l'Alba, Thierry, Roux
Setting: Montmartre, Paris(France) France
Literary Awards: Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) Nominee for Women's Fiction (2008)

Relation As Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

The wind has always dictated Vianne Rocher's every move, buffeting her from the French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes to the crowded streets of Paris. Cloaked in a new identity, that of widow Yanne Charbonneau, she opens a chocolaterie on a small Montmartre street, determined to still the wind at last and keep her daughters, Anouk and baby Rosette, safe. But the weather vane soon turns, and Zozie de l'Alba blows into their lives. Charming and enigmatic, Zozie provides the brightness that Yanne's life needs--as her vivacity and bold lollipop shoes dazzle rebellious and impressionable preadolescent Anouk. But beneath their new friend's benevolent facade lies a ruthless treachery--for devious, seductive Zozie has plans that will shake their world to pieces.

Mention Appertaining To Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

Title:The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
Author:Joanne Harris
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 444 pages
Published:April 8th 2008 by William Morrow (first published May 2nd 2007)
Categories:Fiction. Magical Realism. Fantasy. Romance. Cultural. France. Contemporary. Magic

Rating Appertaining To Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
Ratings: 3.84 From 15837 Users | 1683 Reviews

Notice Appertaining To Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
The Lollipop Shoes = The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2), Joanne HarrisThe Lollipop Shoes is a 2007 novel by Joanne Harrisa sequel to her best-selling Chocolat. It was released in the U.S. in 2008 as The Girl with No Shadow.No longer living in Lansquenet-sous-Tannes, Vianne Rocher and her two daughters, Anouk and Rosette, are settled in the Montmartre quarter of Paris. Their lives are changed when befriended by the mysterious and free-spirited Zozie de l'Alba.تاریخ نخستین خوانش: بیست و هفتم

This is Harriss follow-up to Chocolat. Vianne and now two daughters have relocated from the rural town of their initial setting, Lansquenet, to Paris. The novel is tort-like in the density of its imagery, particularly early on. Zozie is a witch like Vianne, but without the self-control and kind heart. She seems mostly like a soul catcher, a devil in a red dress looking to acquire souls. She sees power in Viannes daughter, Anouk, and tries to gain her loyalty. The story is of Anouk coming of age

I was so disappointed with this book; when it first came out I even bought it in hardback as I had absolutley loved Chocolat (and the others of Harris's that I have read). I had practically been counting down the days to the release of this book and was left feeling incredibly underwhelmed by the whole thing. The Lollipop Shoes is the story of Vianne and Anouk and Vianne's new daugher who have moved to Paris and set up a chocolate shop there too but there is none of the magic of that first shop,

This is Harriss follow-up to Chocolat. Vianne and now two daughters have relocated from the rural town of their initial setting, Lansquenet, to Paris. The novel is tort-like in the density of its imagery, particularly early on. Zozie is a witch like Vianne, but without the self-control and kind heart. She seems mostly like a soul catcher, a devil in a red dress looking to acquire souls. She sees power in Viannes daughter, Anouk, and tries to gain her loyalty. The story is of Anouk coming of age

Having read chocolat I already had an interest and liked the character of viane. It was good to see the changes in the child as she has grown up and the development of the relationship with her mother. Some of the references which pinpointed dates threw me a bit I had the sense in chocolat that it was more historical but the mention of mobile phones threw me into an era I had not really thought of this book being in. Although I perhaps appreciated more the contrast of the more traditional and

I was pretty frustrated with this book. I enjoyed the writing and I thought the writing was good but the plot and the story just felt really drawn-out.Usually Harris' writing has a really lovely slowness, like the gradual unwinding of a ball of yarn, but I didn't feel that way with this book. I really like her characters, particularly her female characters and how they were written but parts of the novel just felt totally forced in there for plot purposes. Without spoiling it, I relished the big

Ive been sitting in my chair thinking about what I was going to write about the story I just finished. The question, what did you think? always makes me feel like it is some kind of test and I am going to give the wrong answer. I try not to think about it that way. I always think that this is not the question that I should be answering. My question would be what did you feel? Ahhh, yes, thats it. Let me tell you about the story by telling you how I felt. The whole time I was reading The Girl