Download The Age of Miracles  Books Online
The Age of Miracles Paperback | Pages: 294 pages
Rating: 3.65 | 82113 Users | 11832 Reviews

List Books Concering The Age of Miracles

Original Title: The Age of Miracles
ISBN: 0812983602 (ISBN13: 9780812983609)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.theageofmiraclesbook.com/
Characters: Julia, Hanna, Seth Moreno, Michaela
Setting: San Diego, California(United States)
Literary Awards: Audie Award for Science Fiction (2013), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2012)

Ilustration In Favor Of Books The Age of Miracles

“It’s never the disasters you see coming that finally come to pass—it’s the ones you don’t expect at all,” says Julia, in this spellbinding novel of catastrophe and survival by a superb new writer. Luminous, suspenseful, unforgettable, The Age of Miracles tells the haunting and beautiful story of Julia and her family as they struggle to live in a time of extraordinary change.
 
On an ordinary Saturday in a California suburb, Julia awakens to discover that something has happened to the rotation of the earth. The days and nights are growing longer and longer; gravity is affected; the birds, the tides, human behavior, and cosmic rhythms are thrown into disarray. In a world that seems filled with danger and loss, Julia also must face surprising developments in herself, and in her personal world: divisions widening between her parents; strange behavior by her friends; the pain and vulnerability of first love; a growing sense of isolation; and a surprising, rebellious new strength. With crystalline prose and the indelible magic of a born storyteller, Karen Thompson Walker paints a breathtaking portrait of people finding ways to go on in an ever-evolving world.

Declare Regarding Books The Age of Miracles

Title:The Age of Miracles
Author:Karen Thompson Walker
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 294 pages
Published:June 26th 2012 by Random House (first published June 21st 2012)
Categories:Fiction. Young Adult. Science Fiction. Dystopia

Rating Regarding Books The Age of Miracles
Ratings: 3.65 From 82113 Users | 11832 Reviews

Appraise Regarding Books The Age of Miracles
Growing from pre to teen is tough enough, but when the entire planet slows down, it makes the transition a whole lot tougher. Julia is a charming every-girl living an average life in southern California. Her coming of age joins with a slow-apocalypse vision in a merging of genres. The ARE volume I read includes no explanation for why the earths rotation suddenly begins slowing. [Unless of course, I am an older, blinder coot that I realized, and just missed it] I have read that the cause was

2.5This is yet another rating I really struggled with because, though I can't say I really enjoyed it, the novel is beautifully written in a very evocative way that makes you want to write down a quote every few pages. But it comes back to that whole writing vs story matter that has stopped me from giving many prettily-worded books a high rating.The dystopian aspect of The Age of Miracles creeps in slowly and in a mostly subtle and non-threatening manner. Basically, the normal 24 hour day

Really enjoyed this book. The characters were believable and yes the slowing of the earth was believable too. One can only imagine the horrors of this happening for real, but the thing is, you CAN see the possibility of this scenario. You really get to feel how scary it would be. Well written, would definitely recommend.

Another book that didn't live up to the hype. I found this so incredibly slow and boring. The plot sounds fantastic but the delivery of the story really had very little impact on me.As the world moves off kilter and the days get longer, chaos descends. But the book didn't give me that sense of doom, darkness, fear, end of the world as we know it feelings. I'm not going to dig much more out of my brain for this review. It's not worth it. Very disappointed in this one. This could of been really

This was very nearly a five-star read for me. Ignore the category of "young adult" because despite the "coming of age" story, the backdrop of imminent environmental disaster delivers a whollop of a literary punch. It's a story that readers of all ages can appreciate, if not admire.I'm a spoiler-free reviewer, and it's difficult to write about the poignancy of this novel without discussing plot points. However, this is a layered novel filled with real characters, potential real-world scenarios

This story haunts me. It is also very captivating to watch it unfold. I don't always go for YA, but this one was worth a re-read. It made me thankful to see the sun rise and set every night when it's supposed to. The book is told through the eyes of a 11-year-old Californian girl, Julia, as the earth's rotation starts to slow and the days and the nights get longer. I thought that the imagination and predictions about what might happen if the earth's rotation slowed was believable and this made

Look. I don't live in a vacuum. I know this is one of the most talked about books of the summer. Big displays in bookstores, frequent author appearances on my favorite public radio station cultural programming, reviews in my newspapers and journals of choice (that I didn't read - by the way - so I wouldn't spoil my experience). So hard I did try to consider this book on its own merits, without expectations. But I'm human. Given the hype, I'm gonna hope for a miracle. Okay, maybe not a miracle.