Point Books In Favor Of Night (The Night Trilogy #1)

Original Title: Un di Velt Hot Geshvign
Edition Language: English URL http://www.nightthebook.com
Series: The Night Trilogy #1
Download Books Night (The Night Trilogy #1) Online
Night (The Night Trilogy #1) Paperback | Pages: 115 pages
Rating: 4.33 | 918541 Users | 27892 Reviews

Interpretation During Books Night (The Night Trilogy #1)

Born in the town of Sighet, Transylvania, Elie Wiesel was a teenager when he and his family were taken from their home in 1944 to Auschwitz concentration camp, and then to Buchenwald. Night is the terrifying record of Elie Wiesel's memories of the death of his family, the death of his own innocence, and his despair as a deeply observant Jew confronting the absolute evil of man. This new translation by his wife and most frequent translator, Marion Wiesel, corrects important details and presents the most accurate rendering in English of Elie Wiesel's testimony to what happened in the camps and of his unforgettable message that this horror must simply never be allowed to happen again.

Identify Out Of Books Night (The Night Trilogy #1)

Title:Night (The Night Trilogy #1)
Author:Elie Wiesel
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 115 pages
Published:January 16th 2006 by Hill & Wang (first published 1956)
Categories:Nonfiction. Classics. History. Autobiography. Memoir. World War II. Holocaust. Biography. Academic. School

Rating Out Of Books Night (The Night Trilogy #1)
Ratings: 4.33 From 918541 Users | 27892 Reviews

Write Up Out Of Books Night (The Night Trilogy #1)
Difficult to review. Night is a brutal first-hand account of life in Auschwitz. Were all very familiar with the visuals of the journey in the cattle truck, the arrival in Auschwitz, the squalor and deprivations of life in the barracks, the selections. Wiesel tells us with simple but supremely eloquent prose what effect these daily horrors had on the human soul. Tells us, in effect, how low we can go, how even a son can kill his own father for a morsel of bread if subjected to inhumane treatment

Wow this book..can't express the feelings during my reading of this, so enthralling, captivating but oh the horrors! Unimaginable horrors. Tore my heart out into a million pieces. I regret not having read this earlier, this is a true account of Elie Wiesel as a young Jewish boy who has no foreseeable knowledge and understanding of what was around the corner when his family are forced to flee from their home in Romania, and the unknown horrors that awaited them. Even though I've read and have

There is little that freaks me out more than the Holocaust. And I'm not belittling it at all with the phrase 'freaks me out.' Growing up in the 1970s and 80s, I felt sufficiently desensitized enough by television violence to be able to gauge how often I need to shake the jiffy pop and run to the bathroom before the program/violence resumes.Elie Wiesel's Night brings me back to my senses, makes me hate the cold hearted bitch I've learned to be. And not by some overtly dramatic rendition of the

Terrifying. I have read two books that described a nightmare, painted a picture of hell. The second was Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy and first is Night. I still think of this book sometimes and shudder and I realize that evil is never too far buried in us. The scene where the line of doomed prisoners splits in two with Mengela conducting, a perverse parody of the last judgment seems ripped from Dante.

I read this book once beforebut read it again yesterday---with the new preface by his wife Marion Wiesel. I did not plan on reading the whole thing--I just wanted to read the new Preface---but then while sitting around (with sick people in the house)--I just dived into the horror again.....(with expanded thoughts than in years pass).

Upon completion of this book, my mind is as numb as if I had experienced this suffering myself. So much pain and suffering are thrown at you from the pages that one cannot comprehend it all in the right perspective. One can only move forward as the victims in this book did. Step by step, page by page. Initially, numbness is the only way to deal with such anguish. Otherwise one becomes quickly overwhelmed by the images that evoke questions that cannot be answered. And yet, I read this book from

A poignant and unforgettable 5 star read. Human suffering anywhere concerns men and women everywhere. Elie Wiesel, NightIt's been years since I've read this book, but as my son needed to read it for school, I decided to read it with him. I'm glad I did. Night, which is one man's tragic yet remarkable survival of the Holocaust, is a powerful, shocking, heartbreaking, poignant, yet triumph-of-the-soul biography. This book speaks to humanity about the atrocities man is capable of committing. It