Free Books Online City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)
City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1) Paperback | Pages: 408 pages
Rating: 3.71 | 28241 Users | 1466 Reviews

Be Specific About Epithetical Books City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)

Title:City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)
Author:Isabel Allende
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 408 pages
Published:April 27th 2004 by Rayo (first published 2002)
Categories:Fantasy. Young Adult. Fiction. Adventure. Magical Realism. European Literature. Spanish Literature. Novels

Rendition Supposing Books City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)

Fifteen-year-old Alexander Cold is about to join his fearless grandmother on the trip of a lifetime. An International Geographic expedition is headed to the dangerous, remote wilds of South America, on a mission to document the legendary Yeti of the Amazon known as the Beast.

But there are many secrets hidden in the unexplored wilderness, as Alex and his new friend Nadia soon discover. Drawing on the strength of their spirit guides, both young people are led on a thrilling and unforgettable journey to the ultimate discovery. . . .

Particularize Books Concering City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)

Original Title: La ciudad de las bestias
ISBN: 0060535032 (ISBN13: 9780060535032)
Edition Language: English
Series: Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1
Characters: Alexander Cold, Kate Cold, Nadia Santos, Omayra Torres, Cesar Santos, Timothy Bruce, Ludovic Leblanc, Karakawe, Walimai, Iyomi, Mokarita
Setting: Amazon Rainforest
Literary Awards: Missouri Gateway Readers Award Nominee (2005)

Rating Epithetical Books City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)
Ratings: 3.71 From 28241 Users | 1466 Reviews

Criticism Epithetical Books City of the Beasts (Memories of the Eagle and the Jaguar #1)
This is a great book. Two teenagers have a great adventure in the Amazon. They discover their totem, and their special powers.

Great book for young readers looking for a fantasy, adventure story, particularly for anyone curious about travel and the world. Something I'm excited for my kids to read some day.

A youth book I thought would be easy, but it had lots of little words with few cognates that I was cognizant of. Allende a little preachy, but entertaining nevertheless.

I read this book with my 12 year old son. We both quite enjoyed it, but didn't love it. It is a coming of age tale/adventure story/fantasy/eco-thriller for young adults. I think possibly it was trying to be too many things! One thing I did appreciate was the fact that the protagonist's grandmother was so far from a stereotypical granny figure in children's lit - she is a chain smoking, vodka drinking, plain talking hard as nails journalist.

I wanted to try some of Allende's work, and being lazy I picked one of her kids' books. However, I'm not sure that was the best choice after all. 'City of the Beasts' was not quite my cup of tea, even though I generally enjoy YA-books. However, I tend to enjoy them because they are lighthearted and easy to read, or because they present difficult problems in a slightly less depressing light. City on the Beasts did not have that lightness. It wanted to incorporate some issues (genocide,

I had heard of this author but had never read any of her books until a friend was telling me about a fantastic book he was reading (City of the Beasts) and I realised that I had added it to my Kindle some time ago, meaning to read it but never had, so I started it straight away. We follow Alex Cold as he is sent off to stay with his fierce, eccentric grandmother Kate whilst his mother is in hospital with cancer. Kate is just about to set off on a journey to the far reaches of the Amazon