Describe Regarding Books Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)

Title:Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)
Author:Sharon Kay Penman
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:14th
Pages:Pages: 580 pages
Published:April 8th 1989 by Ballantine Books (first published April 1st 1988)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Medieval. European Literature. British Literature
Reading Books Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2) For Free
Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2) Paperback | Pages: 580 pages
Rating: 4.39 | 8846 Users | 398 Reviews

Rendition Concering Books Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)

This is Simon de Montfort's story—and the story of King Henry III, as weak and changeable as Montfort was brash and unbending. It is a saga of two opposing wills that would later clash in a storm of violence and betrayal, a story straight from the pages of history that brings the world of the thirteenth century completely, provocatively, and magnificently alive. Above all, this is a story of conflict and treachery, of human frailty and broken legends, a tale of pageantry and grandeur that is as unforgettable as it is real....

Particularize Books As Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)

Original Title: Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes, #2)
ISBN: 0345360338 (ISBN13: 9780345360335)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.sharonkaypenman.com
Series: Welsh Princes #2
Characters: Simon de Montfort, 6th Earl of Leicester, Henry III of England, Llywelyn the Last, Davydd ap Gruffydd, Llewellyn ap Gruffydd, Nell de Montfort
Setting: Leicester, England,1239(United Kingdom) North Wales(United Kingdom)


Rating Regarding Books Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)
Ratings: 4.39 From 8846 Users | 398 Reviews

Assess Regarding Books Falls the Shadow (Welsh Princes #2)
This is very involving by the end. It felt like the beginning, which is largely about the end of Joana and Llywelyn from Here Be Dragons, and the coming of age of their grandson (also Llywelyn), was somewhat of a false start, as the story ultimately clarifies and begins to move better when it becomes more about Simon de Montfort and Ella. But I still think that Penman is one of the best at balancing the military aspects of history, the royal intrigue, and the relationships. I can recommend her

I am so happy I discovered this trilogy and author. Although this one did not move me like the first book "Here Be Dragons" it was still another fascinating read. I love how SKP stays so true to actual historical facts and adds just the right amount of drama.

Summary: A historical fiction account of the tense relationship and eventual conflict between incompetent Henry III (and his son Edward I) and Simon de Montfort, Earl of Leicester and husband of Henry's sister, as well as the struggle of Llewellyn, eventual Prince of Wales and grandson of Llewellyn the Great to hold and unite Wales against the English.In recent years I've discovered the historical fiction of Sharon Kay Penman (I reviewed Here Be Dragons, the first volume of this series on

This series is fantastic. Less Welsh characters here although they still play a good-sized role. This story is about Simon de Montfort who led the barons revolt against Henry III and ruled England for less than a year. He is fascinating and played a major role in the constitutional development of England, championing limited monarchy and parliamentary rule.

I hate that I have almost read all of Sharon Kay Penman's books. I know I can always reread them, but there is no recreating the first read. I love her books. You should read them too.

Um, why have I never heard of Simon de Montfort before reading this book? I've done a bit of my own research since I started reading this and I can't believe that I somehow managed never to hear about him in all the history classes I took, even in college! WTF, education system? I liked Penman's depiction of him--he was honorable and firm in his political beliefs, but he was also probably a real pain in the ass at times. The stubbornness, arrogance, etc are all traits that made him more real to

Words fail me. Just leaving you with this image to let you know what I thought of this book.(CTTO)