Details Books Conducive To Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly

Original Title: Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly
ISBN: 0060519606 (ISBN13: 9780060519605)
Edition Language: English
Download Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly  Free Audio Books
Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly Paperback | Pages: 168 pages
Rating: 4.14 | 2678 Users | 396 Reviews

Ilustration Supposing Books Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly

In Writing Magic, Newbery Honor author Gail Carson Levine shares her secrets of great writing. She shows how you, too, can get terrific ideas for stories, invent great beginnings and endings, write sparkling dialogue, develop memorable characters—and much, much more. She advises you about what to do when you feel stuck—and how to use helpful criticism. Best of all, she offers writing exercises that will set your imagination on fire.

With humor, honesty, and wisdom, Gail Carson Levine shows you that you, too, can make magic with your writing.

Point Out Of Books Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly

Title:Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly
Author:Gail Carson Levine
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 168 pages
Published:September 19th 2006 by HarperCollins (first published September 1st 2006)
Categories:Language. Writing. Nonfiction

Rating Out Of Books Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly
Ratings: 4.14 From 2678 Users | 396 Reviews

Appraise Out Of Books Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly
I want to qualify my three star rating with this: Were I in the age group this book is intended for, I'd probably have rated it a 4 or 5.This is a good book for its audience, and elementary school kids should enjoy reading the short chapters that teach writing basics with a familiar, friendly tone. This book invites kids to play on the page, and encourages the magic of writing while striving to remove the pressure of first draft perfection. It also teaches readers to "Save what you

This was very much writing 101 for children and young adults. I enjoyed it but it wasn't groundbreaking. I more so enjoyed this book for seeing behind the scenes of Gail's books and seeing her specific writing process.

I'm sixteen years old and have had this book for s couple of years now and let me just say that no book has ever communicated such a deep appreciation and love of the art and whimsical power of writing as Gail Carson Levine did in this book. I've written stories for as long as I van remember and this book has been a true treasure to me! I recently finished an almost 300 page book that sparked from one of the story openers in this book! My story change over time and went from the intended 20

I purchased this for my son (10) to use in our homeschool curriculum this year. As a writer, I understand the need to build the foundations early, and this guide offers that in a fun, witty, yet easy to understand. Last year, my son began creative writing on his own. He loves building worlds, characters, and engaging his imagination. I couldn't ignore it, but I realized I needed help.After reading over each lesson and the instructions, I'm in love. I even found myself asking, "Where was this

Gail Carson Levine is a quirky author. I hate to say it, but I've yet to read "Ella Enchanted" or "Dave at Night" or any of her princess books. I have heard of "Ella" but I just never really thought of picking it up. I might after reading this book. Heck, I'll go ahead and say it, I didn't even know who the author was until she mentioned "Ella Enchanted". It's sad, I know...It is a very helpful book. I like the way she presented things and how she offered more than one way to do everything,

while this was written for young writers, I found it very inspiring as an adult. the content is concise and well thought out. there are plenty of writing exercises and they are not cheesy. her advice are solid and not just fluff. this is a good reference to return to again and again.

Another great book about learning to write. It had some good tips about publishing that I found very useful.